Note: This is an oversized item that will ship via a truck. We will contact you for the exact shipping charges after you place your order.
Want to create a multi-sensory environment for your special needs students and don't know where to start? If so, check out Somatron's i-Sensory Pod. This amazing pod contains everything you need to provide audio, visual and tactile stimulation all inside a cozy padded pod. This high quality product features walls and a floor covered with easy to clean, heavy duty rip-stop vinyl.
The therapeutic uses of the Somatron iPod are endless. Place it inside a regular education classroom to create a safe and relaxing calm-down area for mainstreamed special students. Set it up in your therapy room to work on sensory integration or other therapy activities - it's large enough for a therapist and up to five students. Allow your students to explore this sensory space with their peers or alone while you monitor them through the side roof viewing window. Turn on some soothing music and allow over stimulated students a quiet place to regroup as they lay down against the gently vibrating floor.
Your students will enjoy hours of sensory exploration with the many features of the i-Sensory Pod including:
- A tactile wall with a variety of textures for your students to explore.
- A vibroaccoustic floor that gently vibrates to the music of your choice.
- A 26" flat screen TV (shielded by a strong protective panel) that allows you to play any DVD you choose " two DVDs included.
- A fiber optic "starry" wall with color changing lights.
- A ventilation fan that keeps the temperature consistent with the outer room so that sensory sensitive students don't get overheated.
- A camera with a feed to the included flat screen TV so students can watch themselves.
- A tent roof that includes beautiful and soothing rope lighting- with the option for several effects.
- Two soft lounge cushions that allow multiple students to recline against the wall.
This system is versatile, you can control:
- Volume levels so that you can provide just the right amount of audio stimulation, even for students that are sensitive to sound.
- The included DVD player allows you to play any images or videos that you choose. Two exciting DVD's are included a shuttle launch to rev kids up and fish tank to help calm down.
The cost of this system includes:
- Soft, padded i-Pod (conforms to CPSC standards)
- Two Somatron Speakers
- Multi-Media Component Wall
- Vibrotactile Play Floor (Conforms to CPSC Standards)
- Roof with Rope Lighting
- Inside Tactile Wall
- Inside Fiber Optic Wall
- 26" Flat Screen TV with protective cover
- Video Camera
- Two cylinder shaped reclining cushions that can be placed where needed.
- Ventilation Fan
- Stereo radio
- CD Player
- DVD Player
When you add up all of the equipment you get with this system you can see it's a fantastic deal! Dimensions: 6' deep x 8' wide with 4' high walls 6' high at tent center
Customers also viewed