Due to the Coronavirus this product will have a delayed ship date of at least three weeks.
The Sensory Wheel will make a great addition to your sensory room, classroom, or center. This 46" rotating wheel features a eight different textures your students will love to explore. The wheel comes with 8 small discs with textures that match the wheel. Use this set to work on matching, colors, counting, motor planning, and cause and effect. Use the wheel as a calming activity for those who enjoy tactile or spinning objects. Your students will get a good gross-motor and heavy-work activity as they spin the wheel.
Activity Ideas for the Sensory Wheel:
- Find and Feel: place the small discs on a surface and allow the individuals to select one and then go find the matching surface on the wheel.
- Spin and Say: using one or both hands, spin the wheel and then stop it by placing a hand or finger on it. Which texture did you land on? What does it feel like?
- Left and Right: spin the wheel to the right. Now spin to the left. If appropriate, learn words such as clockwise and counterclockwise. Try using your left arm to spin right and your right arm to spin left.
- Blind Guess: close your eyes. Find a spot on the wheel to touch. Then with eyes closed, reach for the smaller discs and try to select the same texture.
- Color Corner: touch your favorite color. Describe it. What does it remind you of? Can you find words to describe each color?
- Touch and Do: give each texture and action. For example, AstroTurf can be “jump”. You can place those words or use verbal commands. Touch the texture and do the command.
Size: 46" x 46" x 8"